Academies & education
"We were seeking a firm which would truly become our business partner as we both found our way through the new educational environment. We are delighted with the relationship which has been established with Ensors and would happily recommend them ."
Keith Haisman - - Stour Valley Community School
Whether you are an established independent or free school, considering conversion to academy status or already up and running as a multi-academy trust, we can help.
Our team of specialists have extensive experience of working with a wide range of educational establishments and include those who are accredited with the ICAEW Diploma in Charity Accounting. They fully understand the issues currently facing education and have a thorough knowledge of the latest statutory requirements.
We have developed a comprehensive range of services that can be tailored to your specific needs. These include the preparation of statutory accounts and auditing (both your annual accounts and the Teachers Pension return) as well as advice on taxation, VAT, staff benefits and financial control systems. In addition, we can provide ongoing support for processes such as payroll and keep you up-to-date with key issues and changes in legislation.
During your first year with Ensors, we will provide a number of these services free of charge as part of our First Year Package for Schools.
If you are currently considering conversion to academy status, Ensors will provide a free-of-charge meeting to provide an experienced, independent view on whether academy status is indeed right for your school. And, if required, we will continue to support you with a fixed-fee due diligence exercise providing a comprehensive report covering the key areas for your school.
Why choose us?
- A full range of accounting services from guidance on setting up financial control systems to support with day-to-day procedures such as payroll.
- Expert team with a wealth of experience in the education sector.
- Highly supportive service, including attending Governors' meetings and providing governance training.
- Competitive fee structure, delivering excellent value for money.
- Locally based, yet with the technical skills and resources associated with larger firms.
The Ensors update for Academies designed to provide a brief resume on topical issues.