Farming and forensic accounting
Our Forensic Accounting team led by Fiona Hotston Moore, have been involved in a number of areas in the farming sector working for both existing clients and also accepting instructions following a referral from a lawyer or other accountant.
Fiona is an Accredited Expert Witness and Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist and began training to become a Chartered Accountant and Tax Adviser over 25 years ago in the farming practice Chater & Myhill. She is supported by an experienced team that can assist in areas such as:
« Back to newsletter articles
- Family/partnership/trust/will disputes and divorces –valuing the farming business and advising on the tax aspects of the proposed resolution of a dispute or proposed divorce settlement.
- Providing reports to support an insurance claim
- Acting as an expert witness in contractual disputes such as tenancies and post sale.
- Advising clients in tax disputes with HMRC
- Investigating suspected business fraud including employee fraud and preventative reviews of internal controls
- Due diligence and strategic input ahead of sales, mergers or other business transactions
- Providing expert witness reports as to the potential loss that can be claimed for failings in, for example, tax advice or audit opinions.