General Practice: legal and accountancy update
07 May 2019
||Mills & Reeve offices
||Botanic House, 100 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1PH
The release of the NHS Long Term Plan, GP Partnership Review and new GP contract has placed general practice in the spotlight. We invite you to attend a free training session delivered by primary care specialists from Ensors Chartered Accountants and Mills & Reeve Solicitors that will look at:
Primary Care Networks and the changes to the GP contract
- An overview of the 2019/20 changes;
- The proposed role of Primary Care Networks (PCNs) within the NHS Long Term Plan; and
- The legal and accountancy considerations when it comes to the establishment and development of PCNs.
- The future of GP premises following the outcome of the partnership review and the anticipated outcomes of the GP premises review; and
- The practical, legal and accountancy steps that can be taken to address recurring issues within GP premises (both leased and owned).
Mergers and super partnerships
- The legal and accountancy considerations when it comes to merging and/or forming a super partnership;
- The funding considerations and options when it comes to mergers and/or super partnerships; and
- The core opportunities and issues when it comes to working at scale (a contractor’s view).
This seminar will provide information for those working in general practice who are either in the early stages of considering a primary care network, merger or super partnership or are interested in understanding the possible opportunities and issues that these possible structures could create. It will also provide some top tips when it comes to handling premises given the unique landscape, issues and regulations applicable to general practice.
Venue and timings
Tuesday 7 May - Mills & Reeve offices, Botanic House, 100 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1PH
Registration is at 09:00 and refreshments will be provided on arrival. The seminar will start at 09:30 and lunch will be served after the event to allow you to network and raise any specific or individual issues with the speakers
To secure your place please register online via the link below or contact Diana Szpytma on 01473 220051 or email
« Back to all events
Sign up to our E+ Newsletter
Register here to receive updates on changes in the tax, investment and accounting world as they affect you and your business.