Private Client Tax Senior Accountant (2 roles) (Bury St Edmunds/Ipswich)
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich
Our Private Client Tax team is expanding, and we have an opportunity available at both our Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich offices for an established professional to join the team as a Senior Accountant.
Our client portfolio ranges across the Private Client spectrum including high net worth individuals and families, business owners, company directors, land and property owners, entrepreneurs, retirees, and family trusts.
The role will involve dealing with a wide range of Personal Tax matters for our clients in the above categories and more. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years practice experience within a Personal Tax or mixed tax environment. We are seeking a ‘team player’, who is also confident and capable in working independently. You will be working in a dynamic environment where pro-active client solutions are encouraged.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years recent practice experience within a personal tax role, or a mixed role including personal tax
- Experience in the following areas of personal compliance work:
- Preparation of tax returns,
- Property taxation
- Capital Gains Tax
- A self-motivated ‘team player’, with a flexible attitude and the ability to work to deadlines.
- A thorough attitude and an expert eye for detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to facilitate effective contact with clients and HMRC. A talent for presenting potentially complex findings in a clear and concise manner
- A sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel and accounting/tax software packages
- Knowledge of the following areas of personal compliance work: Trusts, Inheritance Tax, Remuneration planning, P11D, UK residency/domicile issues, Estate planning, PAYE and Benefits in Kind
- Experience of CCH software
Further information on how our Private Client Tax team works can be seen here.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors was also shortlisted for ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. Ensors also won the ‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’ category at the British Accountancy Awards 2018, and was also a finalist at the Suffolk Business Awards 2018 (‘Large Business’ category). See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter which includes details of your current salary and choice of location, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘buryips-pctsnr’. Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role.