Private Client Tax Manager/Director (Bury St Edmunds)
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Our Private Client Tax team is expanding, and we have an opportunity available at our Bury St Edmunds office for an ambitious professional, who has significant previous Private Client Tax experience, to join our team as a Manager or Director, subject to their level of prior experience. The role could offer future partnership potential to the right candidate.
Our client portfolio ranges across the Private Client spectrum including high net worth individuals and families, business owners, company directors, land and property owners, entrepreneurs, retirees, and family trusts.
This is an interesting and varied role which provides scope for personal and career development. You will work closely with the Private Client Tax Partner and with the rest of the team across the region. You will draw on your strong technical expertise to provide excellent front line client service, alongside supervising the work of more junior staff and assisting with their development. You will also be actively involved in business development activities.
- You should hold the CTA qualification (or be qualified by experience). ICAEW, ACCA and or STEP qualifications would be beneficial.
- Experience of successfully managing a portfolio of private clients alongside reviewing self-assessment tax returns completed by other staff. Previous exposure to all aspects of Personal Tax compliance work within a professional services environment is essential, to include:-
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- Remuneration planning
- Property income
- Experience within in the following areas would be helpful: Statutory residence test/residence issues; immigration/emigration issues; agricultural/landed estate experience; property development experience.
- Experience of dealing with clients in the agricultural sector would be advantageous.
- A high level of ICT literacy is required. Experience of CCH would be advantageous.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Aptitude in explaining complex matters in a straightforward and accessible manner.
- Accomplished in managing competing deadlines and client expectations. Skilled in controlling budgets and billing.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst also building/developing a team. Previous experience of supervising and reviewing the work of more junior staff is essential.
- Ability to provide technical support across the firm.
- A demonstrable track record in business development activity.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia.
Further information on how our Private Client Tax team works can be seen here.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors won ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2022 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors also won the Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year in the Central & East Insider Dealmaker Awards 2020. Ensors secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table and won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter which includes details of your current salary, to email@example.com quoting reference ‘bury-pctmgrdir’. Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role.