PA/Practice Secretary (Ipswich)
We have a unique opportunity for a PA/Practice Secretary to join our award winning team. This full-time role (37.5 hours per week) will be based in Ipswich, although occasional travel to other Ensors offices will be required. The postholder will be providing dedicated secretarial and administrative support to the Practice Manager on partnership matters, insurances, premises management and compliance matters. The responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Typing support, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence as required
- Diary management, scheduling appointments/meetings, organising paperwork and travel arrangements
- Meeting preparation, arranging webinars and conference calls
- Assistance with ad-hoc projects
- Scheduling and preparation for Partners’ meetings and taking minutes at the meetings
- Ad-hoc administrative support to the Partners
- Organisation of events and conferences
Risk & Compliance
- Maintenance of the Compliance diary and ensure deadlines met
- Assist with External Compliance Reviews
- GDPR compliance assistance
- Administration of the firm’s ‘Fit and Proper’ declarations
- Administration of the Restricted Clients system
- Maintenance of the Gift & Hospitality Register
- Management of the firm’s car fleet
- Collation of staff driving licence checks
- Assistance with ad-hoc facilities management queries throughout our multi-site environment
- Health & Safety assistance and reporting
We are looking for the following in the successful candidate:
- Good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent). Relevant vocational and/or further/higher qualifications would be helpful;
- Should be fully ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Previous experience of PA level work in an office environment (2 years) is essential, as are fast, accurate touch-typing skills (60 wpm minimum);
- Previous experience of an administrative role within a professional services firm and/or a multi-site environment would be beneficial, as would an awareness of compliance procedures;
- An awareness of GDPR compliance within a working environment;
- Competent in range of secretarial duties including minute taking, agenda management, diary management, organising events, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements and ad-hoc project support
- The ability to work accurately under pressure, to multi-task, and to handle deadlines and competing priorities in an effective manner;
- Must possess excellent time management and organisational skills, and be comfortable with liaising with internal and external contacts at all levels, exercising sound judgement on when to bring issues to the attention of more senior staff;
- Will be self-motivated, pro-active, able to work without close supervision and comfortable with working independently;
- Capable of exercising complete confidentiality and discretion regarding our work;
- A flexible approach to working hours – occasional attendance at evening meetings will be required;
- A driving licence and own transport are necessary as travel to other Ensors offices will be required on occasions.
Ensors is one of East Anglia’s oldest and most highly respected firms of chartered accountants. The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors was also shortlisted for ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. Ensors also won the ‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’ category at the British Accountancy Awards 2018. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter which includes details of your current salary, to email@example.com quoting reference ‘ips-pasec’. Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10 December 2021.