Corporate Services (Audit) Manager (Bury St Edmunds)
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Ensors is seeking an Audit Manager to join its well established and highly regarded audit team in Bury St Edmunds. This full-time role can be combined with an element of home-working under the firm’s agile working policy. Some travel to client sites will be required.
About the team
The Corporate Services team provide a wide range of audit and assurance services including the audits of Limited companies accounts (UK GAAP and IFRS), LLP’s, solicitor accounts charity and Not-for-Profit accounts, Pension scheme accounts ABTA/ATOL return audits and FCA Client Money audits. Further details are available on our website here.
The team’s client portfolio includes business clients across the spectrum from the very small to groups turning over several hundreds of million pounds including OMBs, subsidiaries of larger international groups, charities, pension schemes and LLPs. We act for a number of East Anglia’s most significant businesses including many household names and also have other clients based locally, throughout the UK and internationally. This means we can offer you exposure to a broad and mixed portfolio of work.
This is a role with huge impact and real scope to further develop your existing management and accounting skills as well as your external profile. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Corporate Services Group in Bury St Edmunds, and holding a client portfolio across our offices. In addition, you will be expected to participate in all stages of an audit from planning through to fieldwork and finalisation of the assignment for Partner review. As a senior member of the team, reporting directly to Partners, you will manage a team of auditors simultaneously alongside multiple engagements, whilst also taking a lead on client contact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the Bury St Edmunds Corporate Services Group: training, mentoring and developing team members
- Reviewing assignments and working papers, providing constructive feedback to team members
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients, to involve communicating engagement progress, problems, financial information and other business concerns
- Participating in networking and building client relationships
- Taking responsibility for achieving engagement profitability – billings and collections
- Supporting the partners with business development activities, client tender processes
- Supporting team members and clients, at times across multiple offices, in a role that has a requirement for flexible working hours including additional hours when required
Essential skills required:
- A proven background in Audit within a UK practice is essential as is front line client contact. Qualified to ICAEW/ACCA or by experience. A working knowledge of corporation tax would be helpful
- Must be keen to be involved in all aspects of audit planning and have a good working knowledge of accounts preparation under UK GAAP
- Experience of CCH accounts software would be advantageous, or other similar software packages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated, hard working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel
Desirable skills and experience:
- Sector specialist experience in IFRS and Charity SORP accounting / auditing would be beneficial
- Financial modelling / advanced excel training
- Prior involvement in staff recruitment and induction.
- Previous experience of making presentations on technical matters
- A focus on personal development and the development of others
- Prior experience in tender processes/presentations, business development work and networking would be helpful
The package includes:
We offer an attractive salary with numerous benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an impressive record of growth and an excellent reputation for staff development, offering an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. The Ensors Corporate Services team won ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2022 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors also won the Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year in the Central & East Insider Dealmaker Awards 2020, and secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors also won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. See more on our website here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary, to email@example.com quoting reference ‘bury-csmgr’. Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role.