Corporate Tax Manager/Director (Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Huntingdon or Ipswich)
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Huntingdon, Ipswich
We have an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic professional, who has significant previous Business and Corporate Tax experience. The role can be based in either our Ipswich, Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds or Huntingdon office, and can be combined with an element of home-working under the firm’s agile working policy. Some regional travel to clients will be required.
This is an interesting and varied role which will utilise your skills in both a tax advisory role, assisting a range of businesses with restructuring, share schemes, R&D, planning etc, and in compliance, where you would review the work of more junior team members and become more involved in the more complex compliance issues. You will work closely with the Corporate Tax Partners based in Ipswich and Bury, and with the rest of the corporate tax team and audit teams across the region. You will draw on your strong technical expertise to provide excellent front-line client service, alongside supervising the work of more junior staff and assisting with their development.
Our client portfolio includes business clients across the spectrum, but the work is likely to focus mainly on substantial owner managed businesses of £5m to £100m turnover, and on large groups with an international element. The role includes advising not just the businesses themselves, but becoming the “trusted tax advisor” to owner managers, helping them on the interaction of their business’s tax position into their own tax affairs in conjunction with the personal tax team, as well as advising on larger corporate issues and assisting the Corporate Finance team on transactional tax matters.
- You should hold a relevant qualification such as ACA/ACCA and/or CTA (or be qualified by experience).
- Wide experience of Corporate and Business Tax within a professional services environment is essential, but particular areas would include:
- Supervising the production of Corporation tax returns and advice
- Tax issues surrounding business acquisitions and sales to allow you to assist the Corporate Finance team
- Corporate group restructuring
- R&D tax credits and patent box
- Cross border issues
- Loan relationships
- Share schemes
- EIS / SEIS
- Tax due diligence
- A high level of ICT literacy is required. Strong experience of Alphatax Corporation Tax software and CCH would be advantageous.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Aptitude in explaining complex matters in a straightforward and accessible manner.
- Accomplished in managing competing deadlines and client expectations. Skilled in controlling budgets and billing.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst also building/developing a team. Previous experience of supervising and reviewing the work of more junior staff is essential.
- Ability to provide technical support across the firm.
- Ability to prepare proposals for new work and to pitch to new clients, either alone or in conjunction with audit partners.
- A demonstrable track record in business development activity would be advantageous.
- Self-motivated, hard working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors recently won the Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year in the Central & East Insider Dealmaker Awards 2020. Ensors secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors was also shortlisted for ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter which includes details of your current salary and your choice of location, to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference ‘ct-mgrdir’. Please note, we are not accepting postal applications for this role.