Corporate Tax Advisor (Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds or Cambridge)
Location: Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge
We have an opportunity for a bright professional, who has some Corporate and Business Tax experience either in a specialist team or as part of a general practice or audit team and who is looking to specialise and develop in this area. The successful candidate can be based at either our Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds or Cambridge office, but will need to be prepared to undertake some travel between Ensors offices and to client sites in the region, although at the present time due to the pandemic, we are largely operating a work from home model.
Our client portfolio includes business clients across the spectrum from the very small to groups turning over several hundreds of million including OMBs, subsidiaries of larger international groups, charities and LLPs.
This is an interesting and varied role which provides real scope for personal and career development. You will work closely with managers and partners, assisting them in tax compliance and advisory matters, and with appropriate supervision, draft computations, letters and reports for manager / partner review. You will prepare key client reporting documents, adhere to cost budgets and be involved with various tax compliance and advisory matters.
- Recent experience within a professional services environment giving you at least a working knowledge of Corporate and Business Tax is essential.
- You should be ATT and/or AAT/ICAEW/ACCA qualified or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience. You may be studying towards a relevant qualification such as ATT/CTA. Full study support towards ATT/CTA would be available (as would refresher training) if required.
- Must be keen to be involved in planning and technical aspects of tax, compliance and advisory work, and to develop your skills.
- A high level of ICT (Excel, Word) literacy is required. Experience of Alphatax and CCH software would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to develop client relationships.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia. A driving licence and access to your own transport is essential.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors won the ‘Medium Business of the Year’ award at the Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019, and was named at the British Accountancy Awards 2018 as the ‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’. Ensors was shortlisted as ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors was also a finalist at the Suffolk Business Awards 2018 (‘Large Business’ category) and was accredited as ‘One to Watch’ at the Best Employers Eastern Region 2018 awards. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with numerous benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary and which location you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘ctadvisor’. Please note, we are not accepting postal applications for this role.