Corporate Services (Audit) Senior Accountant (Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds)
Location: Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds
We have an opportunity within our Audit team for a Senior Accountant who is recently ICAEW/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience. The role can be based at our Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds office, although applicants should be aware that the client portfolio will be biased towards the Ipswich area. We are also open to considering applications from UK practice candidates who are within the final stages of studying for ICAEW/ACCA and are seeking to complete their professional training within an alternative practice. Study support will be considered, if applicable.
About the team
The Corporate Services team provide a wide range of audit and assurance services including the audits of Limited companies accounts (UK GAAP and IFRS), LLP’s, solicitor accounts charity and Not-for-Profit accounts, Pension scheme accounts ABTA/ATOL return audits and FCA Client Money audits. Further details are available on our website here.
The team’s client portfolio includes business clients across the spectrum from the very small to groups turning over several hundreds of million pounds including OMBs, subsidiaries of larger international groups, charities, pension schemes and LLPs. We act for a number of East Anglia’s most significant businesses including many household names and also have other clients based locally, throughout the UK and internationally. This means we can offer you exposure to a broad and mixed portfolio of work.
The exact type of work you undertake will depend upon your experience and competencies but this role provides real scope to develop your existing skills. You will be expected to lead on small audit jobs and assist on larger audit assignments within the team as required (equating to approximately 65% of the role). You will also be required to prepare accounts and provide support on corporation tax matters for a variety of businesses.
Essential skills required:
- A proven background in Audit within a UK practice is essential as is front line client contact. Qualified to ICAEW/ACCA or by experience. A working knowledge of corporation tax would be helpful.
- Must be keen to be involved in all aspects of audit planning and have a good working knowledge of accounts preparation under UK GAAP.
- Experience of CCH accounts software would be advantageous, or other similar software packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, hard working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel.
The package includes:
- 23 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays). 3 days are normally taken between Christmas and New Year
- Salary sacrifice scheme to purchase additional holiday and/or pension contributions
- Agile working policy
- Health Cash Plan – enables you to claim back costs for routine medical treatments
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Life Scheme and Permanent Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free onsite car parking
We offer an attractive salary with numerous benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an impressive record of growth and an excellent reputation for staff development, offering an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. The Ensors Corporate Services team won ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2022 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors also won the Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year in the Central & East Insider Dealmaker Awards 2020, and secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors also won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. See more on our website here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary and which location you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘cs-snr’. Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role.