Corporate Services (Audit) Assistant/Senior Accountant
Location: Cambridge, Huntingdon
We have an opportunity within our Audit team for an Assistant or Senior Accountant to join us: the role can be based at either our Cambridge or Huntingdon office.
At Assistant level you may currently be part or fully AAT qualified and/or ICAEW/ACCA part-qualified, and looking to continue your professional training. Study support will be considered, and where provided you will be recruited as a ‘Trainee Accountant’. You must also have a minimum of one year of recent experience of Corporate Services work within a UK practice environment to be considered. If seeking study support, you should also meet one of the following academic criteria:
- A minimum of 2 A levels at Grade C or above (including Maths) OR the equivalent standard in a business-related vocational qualification. If you do not hold a Maths A level, then we expect a minimum attainment of Grade B/Grade 6 in GCSE Maths.
- A graduate with a minimum 2:1 degree.
At Senior level, you will already be ICAEW/ACCA qualified, or qualified by experience, with at least 3 years of recent experience in Corporate Services work within a UK practice environment.
Our client portfolio includes business clients across the spectrum from the very small to groups turning over several hundreds of million pounds including OMBs, subsidiaries of larger international groups, charities, pension schemes and LLPs. We act for a number of East Anglia’s most significant businesses including many household names and also have other clients based locally, throughout the UK and internationally. This means we can offer you exposure to a broad and mixed portfolio of work.
The exact type of work you undertake will depend upon your experience and competencies but this role provides real scope to develop your existing skills. Subject to your existing level of experience, you will be expected to lead (or develop into leading) on small audit jobs and assist on larger audit assignments within the team as required. You will also be required to prepare accounts for a variety of businesses.
Essential skills required:
- A proven background in Audit within a UK practice is essential, as is front line client contact. A working knowledge of corporation tax would be helpful.
- Must be keen to be involved in all aspects of audit planning and have a good working knowledge of accounts preparation under UK GAAP.
- Experience of CCH accounts software would be advantageous, or other similar software packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, hard working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors was shortlisted for ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. Ensors also won the ‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’ category at the British Accountancy Awards 2018. and was also a finalist at the Suffolk Business Awards 2018 (‘Large Business’ category). We were accredited as ‘One to Watch’ at the Best Employers Eastern Region 2018 awards. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with numerous benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an impressive record of growth and an excellent reputation for staff development, offering an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary and which location and post you are applying for, to email@example.com quoting reference ‘CamHunts-csasstsnr’. Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role.