Business Support Services Senior/Assistant Accountant (Saxmundham)
A new opportunity has arisen for an Senior Accountant or Assistant Accountant (subject to experience) to join the Business Support Services team at our office in Saxmundham. Alternatively, if the successful candidate requires study support, then they will be recruited at ‘Trainee Accountant’ grade. This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week) although we are open to considering part-time working of a minimum of 30 hours per week for the right candidate.
The team assists a wide variety of businesses including those operating in the agricultural, manufacturing, retail and construction sectors. This means that we can offer you exposure to a broad portfolio of work.
The role will predominantly involve carrying out bookkeeping work and the preparation of VAT returns for clients, alongside the preparation of management accounts and financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies. Some of the duties may be carried out at clients’ premises so a full driving licence will be necessary.
The successful candidate:
- Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Will ideally be AAT qualified (minimum part AAT qualified), or qualified by experience to a comparable standard, with a high level of IT proficiency and the ability to use various packages, in particular MS Office (Word, Excel), Sage, Xero and Quickbooks. Prior experience of CCH software would be useful. Experience of Farmplan would be beneficial but is not essential.
- You may be looking to embark on or continue with the ICAEW/ACCA qualification, although this is not essential.
- Will have previous involvement in the production of management accounts, alongside bookkeeping skills and the preparation of VAT returns. Some knowledge of VAT schemes such as Partial Exemption and Margin schemes would be helpful. Previous experience of accounts preparation would be beneficial.
- Previous experience within a UK accountancy practice environment would be beneficial but is not a necessity.
- Will be confident and articulate in dealing with a wide range of clients.
- Will have a tenacious, thorough and self-motivated attitude with an expert eye for detail, good organisational skills and the ability to identify / flag up potential issues to more senior staff for attention.
- Will be competent in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Will have a full UK driving licence and access to own transport, with the willingness to travel to assignments when necessary.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors was also shortlisted for ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. Ensors also won the ‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’ category at the British Accountancy Awards 2018. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. External training for the ICAEW/ACCA qualification will be considered, if applicable. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter which includes details of your current salary and whether you are seeking 37.5 or 30 hours per week to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference ‘sax-bss-asstsnr’. Please note, we are not accepting postal applications for this role.