Business Services Assistant Accountant (Saxmundham)
*Applicants should be aware that if the successful candidate is recruited with a study support package, the job title for this role will be amended to ‘Trainee Accountant’.
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join the Business Services team at our office in Saxmundham.
The team assists a wide variety of businesses including those operating in the agricultural, manufacturing, retail and construction sectors. This means that we can offer you exposure to a broad portfolio of work.
The role will predominantly involve preparing financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, along with corporation and personal tax compliance. There may also be some bookkeeping work and preparation of VAT returns for clients. Some of the duties may be carried out at clients’ premises so a full driving licence will be necessary.
The successful candidate:
- Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Will ideally be AAT qualified or qualified by experience to a comparable standard, with a high level of IT proficiency and the ability to use various packages, in particular MS Office (Word, Excel). Familiarity with Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks and CCH software would be useful.
- You may be looking to embark on or continue with the ICAEW/ACCA qualification, although this is not essential.
- Will have previous involvement in accounts preparation work, alongside basic bookkeeping skills. Some experience in payroll, personal and corporate tax, and the preparation of VAT returns, would be helpful, but not essential.
- It is essential that you have recent previous experience within a UK accountancy practice environment (minimum of 2 years). Experience of agricultural sector clients would be advantageous.
- Will be confident and articulate in dealing with a wide range of clients.
- Will have a tenacious, thorough and self-motivated attitude with an expert eye for detail, good organisational skills and the ability to identify / flag up potential issues to more senior staff for attention.
- Will be competent in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Will have a full UK driving licence and access to own transport, with the willingness to travel to assignments when necessary.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors recently won the Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year in the Central & East Insider Dealmaker Awards 2020. Ensors secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors was also shortlisted for ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. External training for the ICAEW/ACCA qualification will be considered, if applicable. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter which includes details of your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference ‘sax-bsass’. Please note, we are not accepting postal applications for this role.