Assistant Credit Controller (Ipswich)
We are seeking an Assistant Credit Controller with a good portfolio of finance skills to join us as a key member of our busy central finance department. This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week), based at our brand-new office premises at Connexions in central Ipswich. Reporting into the Partnership Accountant, the recruit will work alongside our Credit Controller to ensure effective credit control management using effective techniques and systems, whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer service and strict confidentiality principles.
To be successful in this role you will be a ‘team player’: focused, pro-active, task orientated and able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and work competently within strict deadlines. You must have recent previous credit control experience (minimum of one year), and be able to ‘hit the ground running’. Experience of credit control work within a professional services environment would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Duties will include:
- Arrears management, from initial point of contact through to required resolution
- Contacting customers via various means including calls, emails and letters
- Responding as appropriate to all incoming client contact in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Bookkeeping, bank reconciliations and direct debiting
- Working collaboratively with clients and colleagues to facilitate a solution to repayment issues
- Ensuring absolute best practice and documenting all processes throughout work undertaken
- Be able to maintain positive relationships
- Work with a high level of self-motivation, organisation and integrity
- Show experience in planning and managing your own case load effectively
- Have a high level of competency in identifying and mitigating risks
- Take on any other ad hoc duties that may arise, adopting a flexible approach
- Experience of any computerised bookkeeping package
- Proven skills in any or all of the following:
- bank account reconciliations;
- direct debiting
- AAT qualified or similar (or by experience)
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors was also shortlisted for ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2020 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. Ensors also won the ‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’ category at the British Accountancy Awards 2018, and was also a finalist at the Suffolk Business Awards 2018 (‘Large Business’ category). We were accredited as ‘One to Watch’ at the Best Employers Eastern Region 2018 awards. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating current salary to email@example.com quoting reference ‘Ips-Asstcc’. Please note that we are not accepting postal applications for this role.