Assistant Credit Controller (Ipswich)
Ensors is seeking an Assistant Credit Controller to join the Finance Team at the Ipswich office. This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week), and the role can be combined with an element of home working under the firm’s agile working policy, once up to speed in the role.
You will be an effective member of the finance team, maintaining the Credit Control system for the partnership. We are looking for someone with a flexible approach who has the willingness to adapt to changing circumstances such as new systems and new technology. You will be collecting payment on overdue invoices and ensure good credit control for the partnership. The role will also include undertaking various duties within the accounting team. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who works well with others and possesses a good all-round knowledge of credit control.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Issuing statements
- Taking action for aged debtors including contacting debtors directly by phone, email, letter, etc
- Working collaboratively with clients and colleagues to facilitate a solution to repayment issues
- Daily posting of cash
- Banking when required
- Responding as appropriate to any incoming client contact in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Taking on any other ad-hoc duties that may arise, adopting a flexible approach
Essential skills / attributes required:
- Previous credit control is necessary (minimum one year).
- Will have good academic results. A levels or further/higher qualifications would be beneficial.
- Previous work experience within a professional firm or accountancy practice would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Fully ICT literate with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Sage 50Cloud or other bookkeeping software.
- Experience of using CCH (or another practice management system) would be an asset.
- A proven track record of working to deadlines and effectively handling multiple priorities, with a positive attitude to problem-solving and working in a small team.
- Vigilant approach to dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail. Confident approach in dealing with clients/contacts.
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision. Ability to judge and identify situations that merit manager/partner attention.
The package includes:
- 23 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays). 3 days are normally taken between Christmas and New Year
- Salary sacrifice scheme available to purchase additional holiday and/or pension contributions
- People’s Pension: 4% employer, 5% employee contributions (cost to employee 4% after tax relief)
- Health Cash Plan – enables you to claim back costs for routine medical treatments
- Agile working
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Staff awards scheme
We offer an attractive salary with numerous benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an impressive record of growth and an excellent reputation for staff development, offering an extensive inhouse training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. The Ensors Corporate Services team won ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2022 Pensions Age Awards. Ensors also won the Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year in the Central & East Insider Dealmaker Awards 2020, and secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. Ensors also won ‘Medium Business of the Year’ at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2019. See more on our website here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary and which location you are applying for, to email@example.com quoting reference ‘ips-asstcc’. Please note we are not accepting postal applications for this role.