Accounts Team Manager (Cambridge)
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional with significant UK practice-based experience to join our Cambridge Accounts team in a newly created Manager role. The role can be combined with an element of home-working under the firm’s agile working policy and offers a great opportunity for genuine work-life balance. Some regional travel to clients will be required.
The role offers the opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. Ensors recently won ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2022 Pensions Age Awards. We also won the Private Equity/Venture Capital Deal of the Year in the Central & East Insider Dealmaker Awards 2020 and secured 1st place in the Experian 2020 Corporate Finance Adviser League Table. For further details please visit our website here.
About the team
You will manage our thriving Business Services team, providing accountancy, taxation and business support services to a wide variety of small and medium sized businesses including limited companies, partnerships, sole traders, not for profit organisations/charities, and professional firms, operating across a variety of sectors.
- This is a newly created role which provides excellent scope for personal and career development. The role offers significant autonomy with the opportunity to work with the partners to shape the future of our Business team in Cambridge.
- You will draw on your strong technical expertise to provide excellent front line client service, building and developing relationship with clients.
- Working to develop the other individuals in the team will be key. You will oversee a committed group of students and qualified staff and the role will suit someone who enjoys managing people, coaching, development and getting the best out of members of the team.
- You will manage an interesting and varied portfolio of client work, reviewing the work of junior staff, controlling budgets and billing.
- There is scope for you to be actively involved in business development activities in order to grow the team.
- You will work closely with the Partners and with the rest of the team across the region.
Desired skills and experience
- ICAEW/ACCA qualification.
- Recent experience in a UK practice environment.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work autonomously whilst also having demonstrable experience of managing and developing a team. Previous experience of supervising and reviewing the work of more junior staff is essential.
- The ability to prepare proposals for new work and to pitch to new clients, either alone or in conjunction with partners.
- Prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia. A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential to facilitate client visits.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and accounting software, e.g. Sage and Xero.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment, including:
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays). 3 days are normally taken between Christmas and New Year
- Salary sacrifice scheme available to purchase additional holiday and/or pension contributions
- People’s Pension: 4% employer, 5% employee contributions (cost to employee 4% after tax relief)
- Private medical insurance (including immediate family members if applicable)
- Health Cash Plan – enables you to claim back costs for routine medical treatments
- Agile working
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free car parking
In addition to the above we offer an attractive salary and friendly working environment, with excellent work-life balance. We are committed to employees’ personal development, with an extensive in-house training programme for all staff. Read more about working at Ensors here.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter which includes details of your current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference ‘cam-acctsmgr’. Please note, we are not accepting postal applications for this role.