Private Client Tax Assistant (Saxmundham)
We are seeking an Assistant to join the established and highly regarded Private Client Tax team at our office in Saxmundham. Our client portfolio ranges across the private client spectrum including high net worth individuals and families, business owners, company directors, land and property owners, entrepreneurs, retirees, and family trusts.
The role will involve assisting on a range of Personal Tax matters for our clients in the above categories and more. The successful candidate will have experience of personal tax compliance work with competency in completing straightforward tax returns; previous accountancy practice/professional services experience would be advantageous. We are seeking a ‘team player’, who is also confident and capable in working independently. You will be working in a close knit team where pro-active client solutions are encouraged.
Skills and experience required:
• Minimum of 2 years experience in personal tax compliance work including preparation of income tax returns. Previous experience within an accountancy practice or professional services environment would be preferable.
• Good academic results with a minimum grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
• You may be part or fully ATT qualified, or qualified by experience.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, but also able to integrate well within a small team.
• A flexible, self motivated attitude; capable of working to deadlines with a willingness to undertake additional work during the tax ‘busy season’.
• A thorough, well organised approach and an expert eye for detail. Ability to judge and identify situations which require flagging to more senior staff.
• Good oral and written communication skills to facilitate effective contact with clients and HMRC.
• A sound knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of tax return preparation software (particularly CCH) would be helpful.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team. Within the last year Ensors has entered The Accountancy Age Top 50 for the first time and has been shortlisted for a number of professional awards including ‘Mid Tier Firm of the Year’ at the 2017 British Accountancy Awards and as a finalist in the Tolley’s Taxation Awards 2017 ‘Tax Practice in a Regional Firm’ category. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in house training programme for all staff. Study support for the ATT qualification will be considered, if applicable.
For this role we are also open to considering applications from individuals seeking to work a reduced number of daily hours over the course of a 4 – 5 day working week.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary to our HR department quoting reference ‘sax-pctaxasst’ or by post to our HR Department at our Ipswich office.
Job Description »
« All vacancies