Private Client Tax Manager (Bury St Edmunds)
Location: Bury St Edmunds
We have an opportunity available in our Bury St Edmunds office for an ambitious professional, who has significant previous Private Client Tax experience.
Our client portfolio ranges across the Private Client spectrum including high net worth individuals and families, business owners, company directors, land and property owners, entrepreneurs, retirees, and family trusts.
This is an interesting and varied role which provides scope for personal and career development. You will head up the Private Client Tax team in Bury St Edmunds, and work closely with the Private Client Tax Partner and with the rest of the team across the region. You will draw on your strong technical expertise to provide excellent front line client service, alongside supervising the work of more junior staff and assisting with their development. You will also be actively involved in business development activities.
• You should hold the CTA qualification (or be qualified by experience). ICAEW, ACCA and or STEP qualifications would be beneficial.
• Experience of successfully managing a portfolio of private clients alongside reviewing self assessment tax returns completed by other staff. Previous exposure to all aspects of Personal Tax compliance work within a professional services environment is essential, to include:-
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- Remuneration planning
- Property income
• Experience within in the following areas would be helpful: Statutory residence test/residence issues; immigration/emigration issues; agricultural/landed estate experience; property development experience.
• A high level of ICT literacy is required. Experience of CCH would be advantageous.
• Highly articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Aptitude in explaining complex matters in a straightforward and accessible manner.
• Accomplished in managing competing deadlines and client expectations. Skilled in controlling budgets and billing.
• Ability to work autonomously whilst also building/developing a team. Previous experience of supervising and reviewing the work of more junior staff is essential.
• Ability to provide technical support across the firm.
• A demonstrable track record in business development activity.
• Self-motivated, hard working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia
The role offers an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team. Within the last year Ensors has entered The Accountancy Age Top 50 for the first time and has been shortlisted for a number of professional awards including ‘Mid Tier Firm of the Year’ at the 2017 British Accountancy Awards and as a finalist in the Tolley’s Taxation Awards 2017 ‘Tax Practice in a Regional Firm’ category. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in house training programme for all staff.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary to our HR department quoting reference ‘bury-pctmgr’, or by post to our HR Department at the Ipswich office.
Job Description »
« All vacancies