Assistant ICT Technician (Ipswich)
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant ICT Technician to join the growing ICT team supporting our five offices across Suffolk & Cambridgeshire. The successful candidate will be providing desktop and network support services to Ensors’ employees. They will also be involved in developing and enhancing the firm’s delivery of projects and ICT training. This full-time role will be based in the Ipswich office, however regular travel to our other sites will be required and thus a full clean driving licence and access to your own transport is essential.
We are seeking someone who already has previous experience (preferably 2 years minimum) in a customer facing ICT support role which has included first line service desk support, administering applications, and installing/maintaining applications.
Additionally, we are looking for the following in the successful candidate:
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues at all levels throughout the firm;
• A pro-active, flexible approach and desire to learn;
• A positive, self-motivated approach to problem solving;
• Thorough with a keen eye for detail;
• You should be a strong team player, comfortable working both within a small team and independently when required;
• A flexible approach to working hours and locations – occasional out of hours working will be necessary.
The following skills and attributes would also be beneficial:
• Specific experience of any of the following: Citrix, Windows, Windows Remote Desktop Services, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Office 2016, Sage;
• Experience of mobile device management;
• Experience of Mitel 3300 Telephone System;
• Previous involvement in project work, training ICT users, recording training video clips and writing documentation;
• Ability to organise, manage and prioritise own workload without supervision;
• Track record of working under pressure, handling multiple priorities;
• Confidence to escalate issues of high significance to senior staff;
• Desire to undertake relevant personal development training, for example Service desk training e.g. ITIL.
Ensors is one of East Anglia’s oldest and most highly respected firms of chartered accountants. This role offers an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained numerous accolades. Within the last year Ensors has entered The Accountancy Age Top 50 for the first time, and has recently been announced as a finalist at the British Accountancy Awards 2018 (‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’ category). Ensors was named as ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2018 Pensions Age Awards, and was a finalist at the Suffolk Business Awards 2018 (‘Large Business’ category). See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary to our HR Department quoting reference ‘ips-assict’ or by post to our HR department at the Ipswich office.
Job Description »
« All vacancies