Payroll Assistant (Ipswich)
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant to join the friendly and supportive Business Support team at our office in central Ipswich.
In this varied role, you will be working within a small team, running multiple payrolls for a variety of clients who operate in a wide range of sectors including retail, the professions, charities and education.
The successful candidate:
• Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
• Must have significant payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll processing. Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, including HMRC regulations, is essential, as is a working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP and NI calculations.
• Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Must have previous experience of payroll systems.
• Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, with a positive approach to problem-solving and working in a small team. The ability to multi-task is a must.
• Must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
• Will be self motivated, able to work without supervision. Capable of exercising complete confidentiality and discretion regarding our work.
• Previous payroll experience within an accountancy or professional services practice would be helpful, but is not essential.
The role offers the opportunity to join a highly regarded team: within the last year Ensors has entered The Accountancy Age Top 50 for the first time, and has been shortlisted for a number of professional awards including ‘Mid Tier Firm of the Year’ at the 2017 British Accountancy Awards. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with benefits in a friendly working environment. We also offer an extensive in house training programme for all staff.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary to our HR Department quoting reference ‘ips-payrollasst’ or by post to our HR Department at the Ipswich office.
Job Description »
« All vacancies