Post Room Assistant (Ipswich)
We are seeking a Post Room Assistant to join the team providing reception and administrative support at our office in central Ipswich. This varied role involves working closely with our Receptionist and Post Room Supervisor, and is key to maintaining the smooth running of the office.
We are looking for someone who is committed to ensuring the core support functions of our office run efficiently and who is at ease in liaising with a wide variety of clients, visitors and staff – both face to face and via telephone. The successful candidate will enjoy working within a team environment and have a flexible approach to their work.
- Processing both incoming and outgoing mail. Scanning of incoming mail and miscellaneous documents to the document management system and updating associated spreadsheet records.
- Archiving – conducting monthly reviews of closed client lists, ensuring that archiving is carried out on a timely basis and dealing with box recalls as necessary.
- Acting as relief receptionist during breaks and lunch hours, and to provide holiday/sickness cover. Ensuring at all times that visitors are welcomed, dealt with efficiently and in a professional manner. Maintaining awareness of key staff whereabouts and relaying messages promptly and accurately.
- Providing hospitality services for on site meetings; ensuring that the necessary refreshments are prepared, and that meeting rooms are cleared after use.
- Opening/locking of building entrances on occasions as required.
- Dealing with a variety of ad-hoc duties as required, including (but not limited to) photocopying, monitoring key stationery supplies, conducting workstation assessments for new joiners, assisting with mass mailshots, transporting deliveries and stores around the building (appropriate equipment will be provided).
The successful candidate will:
- Have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of 6 months recent experience working in an office environment, preferably in a customer/client facing role. (Experience gained in a professional environment would be advantageous).
- Be a competent user of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) with basic touch typing skills (as a minimum). Knowledge of document management systems would be helpful.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, capable of exercising complete confidentiality and discretion regarding our work.
- Be a ‘team player’, alongside the ability to work reliably without close supervision.
- Be capable of maintaining a calm, professional approach in a ‘front of house’ environment.
- Be able to work under occasional pressure and handle multiple tasks when required.
- Be able to work diligently with attention to detail in tasks carried out.
Ensors is one of East Anglia’s oldest and most highly respected firms of chartered accountants. We have an impressive record of growth and an excellent reputation for staff development. Within the last year Ensors has entered The Accountancy Age Top 50 for the first time, and has been shortlisted for a number of professional awards including ‘Mid Tier Firm of the Year’ at the 2017 British Accountancy Awards. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with benefits in a friendly working environment. We also offer an extensive in house training programme for all staff.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary to our HR department quoting reference ‘Ips pr-asst’ or by post to our HR Department at the Ipswich office.
Job Description »
« All vacancies