Payroll Assistant / Bookkeeper (Bury St Edmunds)
Location: Bury St Edmunds
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant/Bookkeeper to join our friendly and supportive Business Support Services team at our modern office just outside Bury St Edmunds.
In this varied role, duties will be split between running multiple payrolls, bookkeeping, and preparing VAT returns for clients. Some of the bookkeeping duties may be carried out at clients’ premises so a full clean driving licence will be necessary.
The successful candidate:
• Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
• May be qualified or part-qualified to AAT, and looking to utilise their significant experience in running payrolls to help deliver this vital service to our clients.
• Must have significant payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll processing.
• Will preferably have experience of bookkeeping preferably gained within a professional office environment and producing accounts to trial balance.
• Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office and SAGE Line 50.
• Will have previous experience of payroll systems and/or Sage packages.
• Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, and have a positive approach to problem-solving and working in a small team.
• Must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
• Must have full UK driving licence.
The role offers the opportunity to join a highly regarded team: within the last year Ensors has entered The Accountancy Age Top 50 for the first time, and has been shortlisted for a number of professional awards including ‘Mid Tier Firm of the Year’ at the 2017 British Accountancy Awards. See more here.
We offer an attractive salary with benefits in a friendly working environment. Study support will be considered, if applicable. We also offer an extensive in house training programme for all staff.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter stating your current salary to our HR department quoting reference ‘Bury-prbkpr’ or by post to our HR Department at the Ipswich office.
Job Description »
« All vacancies