Academy first year package
As a committed supplier of accounting services to the academies sector, we are pleased to offer all new academy clients, who appoint Ensors as auditor, the Ensors’ First Year Package.
The package has been designed to ease the transition as you change auditors and includes the following services free of charge:
- Initial consultation with one of our charity VAT specialists to review the academy’s VAT position.
- Consultation with one of our employment taxes specialists to review the academy’s benefit-in-kind compliance position.
- A review of the academy’s financial control systems including the accounting records.
- Guidance in respect of the governance policies needed by the academy.
- Advice in respect of the regular financial reconciliations that should be prepared by the Finance department throughout the year together with guidance on what information should be prepared in advance of the audit.
- A review of the non-core activities to determine whether it would be appropriate to establish a trading subsidiary company for taxation purposes.
Ensors – academy specialist accountants
Led by a dedicated team, including those accredited with the ICAEW Diploma in Charity Accounting, our team is highly committed and provides exceptional standards of service. We’re always happy to go that little bit further, for example attending governor meetings to explain the accounts or just sitting down with you to chat more generally about the challenges facing your academy.
As well as keeping abreast of the latest developments affecting the schools sector, we also understand the concerns and issues facing each organisation, and can provide useful proactive advice on matters such as commercial income generation and recruitment of governors.
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the above further please contact one of our specialist academy partners below:
Suffolk / Norfolk / Essex - Helen Rumsey or Barry Gostling
Cambridgeshire - James Francis
« Return to Briefings